Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Well, it is hell getting old. Don't do it... Its a trick!

I am pretty strong and kinda agile for a gal who has terrible arthritis in every joint and who has undergone several major surgeries on joints and too many minor ones to count. I have been hauling feed and dirt, digging up dirt, sand and manure, fossil hunting in mines and rivers, have been crawling in and out of trucks hauling dirt, rocks, manure etc for many years. Well, today I can say is the first time I have fallen out of the tuck. No I am not hurt badly but I do have a nasty foot long very dark bruise starting to show down my left leg and a second nasty one on my right leg.

This comes a couple weeks after I had a four hundred pound rain barrel fall on me and pin me down. That one gave me a concussion as my head hit the steel pig cage on the way down. UGH. Poor ole Wilbur the 400 pound boar was out and came over to see what was happening and as I had his corn in my hands when I fell he came over to see what the heck was taking me so long. All I saw were those tusks and started screaming. He looked at me like "what the heck is she screaming at? She is on top of MY corn!!!" He walked away like nothing was happening. I didn't hurt hardly at all from that and it should have been the worst pain; my knee was twisted sideways until Bill got the barrel off me. I was pinned there for a while, screaming my head off. Not a good day.

So todays embarrasment, yes my ego is bruised too, showed me that I am not invincable and maybe I should stay on the ground from now on. I am going to let the tractor do the majority of the work and if I get one less bucket load in that truck so be it. At least I will still have a heartbeat.

Many thanks go out to Aaron, who was loading the truck with the tractor, for catching me on the way down. I had a bad feeling about my dismounting the truck and I had asked him to stand behind me in case I fall. After he caught me as I fell ass over teacup, he said, "nice planning". I limped away, bruised in ego as much as body, and all I could say was, "that's gonna leave a mark".....


1 comment:

  1. Definitely don't get old! I can show you some tricks for staying young. Also, google the BodyTalk system. There are some good you-tubes about it. Hope to meet you tomorrow at the library...Bill Dewey

    ReplyDelete